Banner image

REPORT: Bristol Rugby 37-13 London Scottish

Match Report

Friday, November 27th 2015

The Championship

Bristol Rugby 37 - 13 London Scottish*

HT 16-3

Lam, Eadie (2), Wallace Tries Lydon, Morris
Henson (4) Conversions
Henson (3) Penalties Lydon

KO: 7:45PM

Att: 7145

Venue: Ashton Gate

Ref: Andrew Small


Bristol Rugby

  • 1 Jack James O'Connell
  • 2 Christopher Leslie Brooker
  • 3 Anthony Isaac Perenise
  • 4 Joseph John Joyce
  • 5 Mark Richard Sorenson
  • 6 Ralph Nicholas Koster
  • 7 Jack Tafa Lam
  • 8 Mitchell William Eadie
  • 9 William Peter Samuel Cliff
  • 10 Matthew James Morgan
  • 11 David Lemi
  • 12 Gavin Lloyd Henson
  • 13 Jack Terence Tovey
  • 14 Thomas William Varndell
  • 15 Jack Edward Wallace


  • 16 Geraint Marc Jones
  • 17 Kyle Traynor
  • 18 Rodrigo Gaston Cortes
  • 19 Glen Christian Townson
  • 20 James Montague Phillips
  • 21 Craig J. Hampson
  • 22 Adrian Thomas Jarvis

London Scottish

  • 1 James Paul Gibbons
  • 2 David Murdoch Campbell Cherry
  • 3 Matthew Thomas Shields
  • 4 William John Carrick-Smith
  • 5 Neale Lawrie Patrick
  • 6 Mark Roy Bright
  • 7 Chevvy Elliot Pennycook
  • 8 Frederick Thomas S. Clarke
  • 9 George Horne
  • 10 Oliver Grove
  • 11 Jason Mark Harries
  • 12 Lee Millar
  • 13 Robert Alexander James Fergusson
  • 14 Matthew Carl Williams
  • 15 Peter Lydon


  • 16 Kurt Schonert
  • 17 Tyrone Moran
  • 18 James Thomas Litchfield
  • 19 Rory Oliver Bartle
  • 20 Chris K. Walker
  • 21 Matthew Heeks
  • 22 Aaron James Morris

Bristol Rugby returned to winning ways in the Championship with a 37-13 victory over London Scottish on Friday.

In front of the Sky Sports cameras, Andy Robinson’s men sealed a bonus point as Mitch Eadie (2), Jack Wallace and Jack Lam all crossed, while Gavin Henson added seventeen points with the boot.

A lively opening period - dominated by Bristol’s ascendancy at the set-piece - saw Gavin Henson convert three long-range penalty goals.

After Matt Williams had left the field with injury, Peter Lydon struck a three pointer to put points on the board for the visitors.

Bristol threatened with ball in hand, going close through Chris Brooker, before Mitch Eadie marked his return to the side with a try, barreling over from five metres.

Peter Lydon had an opportunity from fifty metres late on in the first period, but the full back couldn’t find the target.

London Scottish reduced the arrears to 16-10 soon after the interval however, as replacement Aaron Morris stretched over to touch down.

And the visitors added a quickfire second moments later when Peter Lydon exploited a gap in the defence to slide over the whitewash to put his side within three points.

Jack Wallace settled any nerves around Ashton Gate when the full back collected Morgan’s deft offload to fly over for a converted try, before Jack Lam made it four tries in two games when the flanker muscled his way over from close range.

With time running out on the clock, Mitch Eadie scooped up Adrian Jarvis’ kick ahead to fly over and seal the bonus point victory in front of over 7,000 supporters.

Bristol Rugby:

Jack Wallace; Tom Varndell, Jack Tovey, Gavin Henson, David Lemi (c); Matthew Morgan, Will Cliff; Jack O’Connell, Chris Brooker, Anthony Perenise, Joe Joyce, Mark Sorenson, Nick Koster, Jack Lam, Mitch Eadie.

Replacements: Marc Jones (for Chris Brooker, 57 mins), Kyle Traynor (for Anthony Perenise, 75 mins), Gaston Cortes (for Anthony Perenise, 57 mins), Glen Townson (for Mark Sorenson, 75 mins), James Phillips (for Nick Koster, 75 mins), Craig Hampson, Adrian Jarvis (for David Lemi, 63 mins).

London Scottish:

Peter Lydon; Matt Williams, Robbie Fergusson, Lee Millar, Jason Harries; Oli Grove, George Horne; James Gibbons, David Cherry, Matt Shields, Will Carrick Smith, Neale Patrick, Mark Bright (c), Chevvy Pennycook, Freddie Clarke.

Replacements: Kurt Schonert (for James Gibbons, 67 mins) Tyrone Moran (for David Cherry, 71 mins), Jimmy Litchfield (for Matt Shields, 74 mins), Rory Bartle (for Will Carrick-Smith, 67 mins), Chris Walker (for Chevvy Pennycook, 65 mins), Matt Heeks (for Peter Lydon, 63 mins), Aaron Morris (for Matt Williams, 16 mins).

Referee: Andrew Small

Man of the match: Nick Koster

Attendance: 7,145

Latest News

Lam announces squad for Brive trip

Lam announces squad for Brive trip

Posted: Thursday, August 18th 2022

Defining Derby Moments: Bears vs Bath

Defining Derby Moments: Bears vs Bath

Posted: Thursday, August 18th 2022

Bears to get season underway at Ashton Gate

Bears to get season underway at Ashton Gate

Posted: Wednesday, August 17th 2022

AJ MacGinty checks into Bear Country

AJ MacGinty checks into Bear Country

Posted: Wednesday, August 17th 2022