Premiership Rugby Champions
Premiership Rugby Champions is an interactive curriculum-based teachers resource. Since it launched, it has helped thousands of primary school aged children to get moving more whilst enjoying learning and improving digital literacy at the same time.
Developed by teachers for teachers, Premiership Rugby Champions provides interactive, fun themed project-based KS2 lesson plans and materials for use in the classroom and outside.
The easy to use platform, which is packed full of free resources and lesson plans, has everything primary school teachers need to help nurture pupils to develop healthy habits and positively build character traits that will last a lifetime.
It uses the inspiration of rugby players and teams to engage young children to learn, be active and discover their own inner champion to help them achieve their potential.
Don’t just take our word for it
“All of the sessions really engaged the students. As a teacher, it gives me everything I need and is packed with relevant curriculum links and resources.” Year 4 Teacher, High Wych Church of England Primary School
“We got how it worked straightaway, it was really simple and effective. I really enjoyed that we all had to work as a team together.” Year 5 Pupil, Bedwell Primary School
To read more about a teacher’s first-hand experience of using Champions, visit the Department for Education blog here
A few reasons you should download Premiership Rugby Champions:
- It’s been developed by teachers, for teachers
- It will help you save valuable time with FREE ready-made, ready to use lesson plans aligned to the curriculum
- Content is PHSE focused – Tackling Health and Tackling Character – helping you to nurture healthy habits that will last a lifetime
- Digital literacy and being active are at the heart of the content
- It uses sport to inspire your pupils with fun, engaging learning
Find out more, visit www.premiershiprugbychampions.com to register to access your free resources.
Premiership Rugby Champions is supported by the CVC Foundation and BT Supporters Club. Premiership Rugby worked with expert learning technology company Aspire2Be to create this innovative education programme which includes all 13 Premiership Rugby shareholder clubs meaning every school should be able to engage with a club in their area.
Premiership Rugby’s Tackling Health programme is an interactive project for children aged seven to eight which takes a holistic approach to teaching children about their own health, wellbeing and about leading a healthy lifestyle with a rugby focus.
The programme sees community foundation staff deliver up to 6 weeks of classroom and practical sessions with the chance for each school to join us for a tag rugby festival.
Impact and Outcomes
- Over 1,100 children from Bristol & South Glos schools have completed the programme
- All children surveyed agreed they know what constitutes a healthy diet
- 96% of children took part in more than 5 hours of tag rugby as part of the programme
- More than 560 children made use of complimentary tickets to attend a Bristol Bears fixture
Delivered by Bristol Bears Community Foundation in partnership with the Greggs Foundation, the key aims of the project are to improve young people’s understanding of what constitutes healthy eating and a healthy diet and to increase levels of physical activity.
Programme Contact Details
For more information or to book Tackling Health for your school, please contact Craig Capel.