🏟 ASHTON GATE STADIUM
Three dedicated supporter bus services operate on Bristol Bears' first-team home league games. These services operate from Winterstoke Road, just yards from the main entrance to Ashton Gate Stadium and at convenient times for those attending games. Services for cup competitions may vary.
- AG1 Portway Park & Ride via Portway (includes free parking)
- AG2 Brislington Park & Ride, Direct (includes free parking)
- AG3 Temple Meads via Broadmead and Centre
A new ticketing policy and pricing has been introduced for the 2022/23 season which means fans can travel on certain buses for just £1 return however, fans can no longer use any other First Bus tickets on these services and other prices have changed.
MATCHDAY SUPPORTER BUSES
- Other First Bus Tickets are no longer valid on our matchday services and tickets purchased for our services can no longer be used on the public bus network. This includes tickets purchased on the day and any daily/weekly/monthly/annual passes or bundles
- All tickets include travel pre and post-match. Separate single tickets are no longer available for these services
- Young Person tickets are for anyone aged 5-21. Photo ID with date of birth may be required. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price for travel
- Student tickets are available to anyone presenting a valid NUS/Student card. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price for travel
- Bus Pass Holders must provide a valid English Concessionary Travel Scheme pass to travel for free. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price for travel
- Under 5s travel for free
- Group tickets provide travel for up to five people. You must travel together on all journeys
- Off-peak tickets are valid on the first pre-match departure only and subject to availability. If the first departure is full, you will need a full-priced ticket for the next available journey. Post-match, a number of buses will be parked at the designated route stop or stacked near the stadium to take fans on their return journey. The first departure of each vehicle is considered the ‘first wave’ of departures and the off-peak ticket is NOT valid on these services. The buses will typically return to Ashton Gate around 30-45 minutes later, depending on traffic and off-peak tickets are value on all subsequent departures. Not available as an mTicket. Pay on bus only.
- mTicket: buy in advance using the First Bus app (download in the Apple Apps or Google Play store). Tickets can be found under the Bristol area then at the bottom of the page under ‘Bristol Sport’. Scan your app when you board the bus
- Pay on Bus: ask the driver for your preferred ticket and pay by contactless. Cash is not accepted. A paper ticket will be issued which you will need to present for your return journey. Suitable for Young Person, Student, Group and Off-Peak fares
- Tap-On: ‘tap-on’ with your payment card, Apple Pay or Google Pay device when boarding. A physical ticket will not be issued. Tap-on again when boarding the return journey – the system will recognise that you have already paid a full fare and your card will not be charged again. Tap-on assumes you are paying a full adult fare so suitable for single, fee-paying, adult tickets only
Ashton Gate is well connected to Bristol and surrounding areas by an extensive public bus network.
The easiest way to plan your route is the TravelWest Jouney Planner. Many services across Bristol are operated by First Bus – you can find more information on their routes, timetables and fares here.
The stadium is also served by the M2 MetroBus route which is just 9 minutes walk from the stadium. For routes, timetables and fares please click here.
Please note the M2 service currently does not operate on Sundays or public holidays and the last service towards Temple Meads and the city centre, Mon-Fri departs Ashton Gate stop at 20:50.
24 ASHTON GATE (STOP: ASHTON ROAD) - city centre – Old Market – Easton – Eastville – Lockleaze – Southmead Hospital
23 Ashton Vale – ASHTON GATE (STOP: SMYTH ROAD) – Bedminster – City Centre
X1 Weston-super-Mare – Worle – Congesbury – Yatton Claverham – Backwell – Long Ashton – ASHTON GATE (STOP: BLACKMOORS LANE/ ASHTON BRIDGE) – Hotwells – City Centre
X4 Portishead – Pill – Abbots Leigh – ASHTON GATE (STOP: BLACKMOORS LANE, ASHTON BRIDGE) – City Centre
X6 Clevedon – Tickenham – Failand – ASHTON GATE (STOP: BLACKMOORS LANE, ASHTON BRIDGE) – Hotwells – City Centre
X7 Weston-super-Mare – Congesbury – Yatton – Clevedon - Tickenham – Nailsea – Wraxall - ASHTON GATE (STOP: BLACKMOORS LANE, ASHTON BRIDGE) – Hotwells – City Centre
X9 Nailsea – Wraxall – Long Ashton - ASHTON GATE (STOP BLACKMOORS LANE, ASHTON BRIDGE) – Hotwells – City Centre
m2 Long Ashton Park & Ride – ASHTON GATE – Spike Island – Redcliffe – Temple Meads – Cabot Circus – Broadmead – City Centre
Ashton Gate is well served by local and national rail services. For the latest information, journey planning and tickets visit www.gwr.com
BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS
40 minute walk or use matchday Service AG3.
Serves much of Somerset, South Wales and Bristol (journey time to Temple Meads approximately 5 minutes). Please note Parson Street does not have step-free access.
15 minute walk
Many fans will find walking or cycling the quickest way to get to games. The stadium is less than 30 minutes walk from most of south, central and west Bristol and fans can use the postcode BS3 2EJ to plan your route. Cycling will be even quicker as the stadium is connected by numerous cycle paths – plan your journey by clicking here – the planner shows route type, elevation and cycle rack and pump locations.
CYCLING TO ASHTON GATE
- 96 cycle parking spaces behind the South Stand
- Free to use bike pump
- Plan your route here
- Electric scooters are not allowed on-site and must be parked in an appropriate area outside the stadium being careful not to block entrances, exits or the pavement.
- Voi are the only authorised e-scooters allowed to be used in Bristol and users are kindly requested to ensure they comply with the law and carefully consider their speed around the stadium on a matchday.
Most supporters will find public transport quicker and easier than driving to games and should be aware that central Bristol, including many roads near Ashton Gate, is now part of a Clean Air Zone (CAZ) where non-compliant vehicles will be charged between £9 and £100 per day to drive.
Many local streets are also covered by a Resident Parking Scheme.
If however you are driving we strongly advise you to park at the Portway Park & Ride (ideal for those using the motorway) or Brislington Park & Ride where you can use the Matchday Supporter bus services to complete your journey. We advise supporters to check their route before travelling by clicking here and allow plenty of time for your journey
Limited official offsite parking, media parking and disabled parking is available close to the stadium which can be seen on the map below. To book call Supporter Services on 0117 9630 600 (option 1), Monday-Friday 9am-5pm at the first opportunity to avoid disappointment.
UNOFFICIAL OFF-SITE CAR PARKS
Ashton Event Parking, Clanage Road, Bower Ashton, BS3 2JX. Online advanced booking from £15 per car, 10 minute walk
DJ Matchday Parking, Cala Trading Estate, Ashton Vale Road, BS3 2HA. £10 per car, 7 minute walk
Other car parks can be found by clicking here
Bristol Airport is just 15 minutes drive from the Stadium. The Airport Flyer Service A1 stops at Parson Street, just 15 minutes walk from Ashton Gate.
Seven Boat Trips operate a cross-harbour ferry which shuttles between Hannover Quay and the SS Great Britain up to 17:30 on weekends.
The SS Great Britain stop is 18 minutes walk from Ashton Gate. Number Seven and Bristol Ferry Boats both operate services from Temple Meads to The Pump House, Cottage and Nova Scotia public houses – which are all around 15 minutes walk from the stadium.